Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Torn

I'm going over page proofs for an article that I wrote almost 4 years ago. It has taken that long to go through ONE ROUND of revisions in this journal. They fell all over themselves apologizing for the delay, but it still sucks.

As I read it for corrections, I'm becoming more and more frustrated. It sucks. The style isnt right (the voice isnt mine... I see my horrible-writer-coauthor all over the place), there are massive amounts of run-on sentences, etc. But even worse, this is an article about technology and it is arguably awfully outdated.

Also, it is boooooooring to me now.

Part of me wants to just do a few edits, send it back, and never look at it again. I know that my colleague could really use this pub for her tenure packet this year. The other part of me wants to send back a "thanks but no thanks" kind of note to the Editor.

No comments: