Friday, November 27, 2009

I'm feeling a little melancholy today. I miss my mom already wish that she would have stayed the weekend. Dad had had enough by the time they left this morning, but he held out longer than I expected. I get the feeling that he wanted to say something to me before he left. He said some sweet things about the boys and thanked us for a wonderful time, but before that he said something like, "mom has your address, right?" which was totally weird because, duh, she's my mom. But I suddenly got very paranoid that he's planning to send me some "please stop voting for democrats because they're killing all of the unborn babies and plan to kill the old people" kind of letter. I guess I'll deal with it if it happens, but I seriously hope that it doesn't.


Tomorrow we'll decorate for Christmas. This is probably the earliest that we've decorated but Bug is over the moon about Christmas this year and we can't resist his enthusiasm. I hope to put some lights on the outside of the house this year, too, although we don't have a ladder tall enough to reach the second floor so we may have to string lights in the trees instead.

I think that I'm secretly hoping that decorating for Christmas will lift my spirits, too. It always has.

No comments: