Saturday, November 21, 2009

I've had this blog for almost 6 years. This is my 948th post.

For the first 2.5 years or so, the content of my blog posts was pretty tightly linked to my everyday life. Much of what I wrote was a play by play of my day but I also did a lot of reflecting on where I was, what I was doing, what it meant. Lots of complaining, lots of whining. Some celebrating.

After Bug was born, things kind of ground to a halt. I know that some people find it extremely irritating when mothers use the "I just don't have time anymore!" explanation but there is just not much more to it. Kids take a lot of time and energy, especially baby ones. I'm not good at fitting things in that I just *want* to do but serve no other practical purpose.

In the last 3 years I've also moved across country, changed careers, had another baby. Some of it has been really interesting and stressful and exciting. Some of it has been horrible. And I wish that I would have blogged more of it, if for no other reason than to have a record of what I was thinking and feeling along the way. I haven't done it in a while but I really enjoy re-reading my old blog posts, particularly those mundane posts that just described my life and how I felt about it.

I joined NaPoBloMo to give myself a reason to log in every day and a reason to say something in this space. I wanted to try it on again and see how it felt. I wanted to test myself to see if I had anything to say. I think that I do, but I'm not sure. I've written drafts for some more substantive posts that I hope to work through in the coming days. I used to love writing here, but at some point it started to feel like a chore with little payoff. I want to find a way to spend more time writing without feeling that way about it.

No comments: